Do you need information on guardianship or other options to support someone in making life-management decisions?
Ever wondered what to tell parents of children with intellectual disabilities who are interested in remaining involved in their child’s education when the student turns 18?
Do you want more information on how to prepare students for the responsibilities that come with becoming an adult?
The Supporting Choices website shares information and resources designed to address these questions and more. This website has:
- Creative suggestions for teaching legal rights to students with a disability;
- Strategies and best practices to use in the classroom;
- A free online curriculum targeting persons with disabilities and their families
- A free online curriculum targeting special education teachers; and,
- Resource materials to share with students and parents in the IEP process.
- Links to agencies and other helpful resources.