The following materials and resources are offered for general informational purposes and come from a variety of sources. They are not intended to provide legal, tax or financial advice. Please see an appropriate professional for personal advice and counsel.
|The Able Trust
The Able Trust, also known as the Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation, is a 501(c)(3) public-private partnership foundation established by the Florida Legislature in 1990. Its mission is to be a key leader in providing Floridians with disabilities opportunities for successful employment. The Able Trust youth programs provide career development and transition to many students with disabilities, helping to reduce the dropout rate and prepare young adults for life beyond high school.
|Administration for Community Living
The Administration on Community Living is a federal agency that funds programs, research projects, services and supports for older adults and persons with disabilities. Their website contains resources and materials of best practices in service delivery.
|Assessment of Older Adults with Diminished Capacity (For Psychologists)
This handbook was developed by the American Bar Association and the American Psychiatric Association as a guide for psychologists who evaluate the decision-making capacity of older adults.
|Assessment of Older Adults with Diminished Capacity (For Lawyers)
This handbook for lawyers was developed by the American Bar Association and the American Psychiatric Association to help lawyers who work with clients who have diminished capacity.
|The Changing Face of Benefits
A free online course with information about the impact of employment on a person’s public benefits. For example, one training module is titled, Earning Wages While Receiving SSI and Medicaid. The course is offered by the National Disability Institute and the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council, Inc.
- Developing Abilities & Restoring Rights Manual (User Guide) (WorkBook)
- Disaster Ready Workbook (fddc.org)
- Disability Rights Florida (disabilityrightsflorida.org)
- Florida Drivers Manual (dmvflorida.org)
- FloridaHats, Graduating from Pediatric to Adult Care (floridahats.org)
- Housing in Florida, Personal Assessment Guide (fddc.org)
- Lighting The Way (ltw.fcim.org)
- Money Smart (fdic.gov)
- My Life with Down Syndrome Guardian 2017 Final (Power Point)
- My Medical (mymedicalapp.com)
- National Resource Center for Supported Decision-Making (supporteddecisionmaking.org)
- National Disability Institute Asset Development (realeconomicimpact.org)
- PATH (http://www.communityworks.info/articles/path.htm)
- Planning Ahead Guide (fddc.org)
- Project Search (projectsearch.us)
- Progressive Capacity Restoration Plan (Eddie, see attached pdf)
- Support Choices: Guardianship and the Potential of Supported Decision Making with Individuals with Disabilities (PDF)
- Support Choices My Story: Jenny Hatch (PDF)
- Support Choices: The Rights To Make Choices (PDF)
- Supported Decision-Making In Practice (PDF)
- Supported Decision-Making: Protected Rights, Ensuring Choices (PDF)
- Westchester Institute for Human Development (wihd.org)